Friday, December 28, 2007

No Shortage of Scams

It's no wonder that many of us writers are struggling to find steady, full time work. With all of the websites and ads that eventually lead nowhere, it's astounding that we get anything done. I think I spend as much time wading through the false and dead end links than I do on legitimate job boards.

My complaint is that these people continue to get away with this. Sites promising hundreds or thousands of dollars a day if you pay a membership fee and constant guarantees of success are driving me crazy. The only possibly positive thing resulting from this is that I can now identify those links before I click them. But the time it took was not an even trade.

Watch out for scam sites. And remember, never pay for work. How in the world does anyone think that makes any sense anyway?

No comments: